Pythagoras 67, June 2008
Special Issue: Teaching and Learning Mathematics in Multilingual Classrooms|
Guest Editors: Mamokgethi Setati & Richard Barwell
- Guest Editorial
Making Mathematics Accessible for Multilingual Learners.
Mamokgethi Setati & Richard Barwell
- Policies for Enhancing Success or Failure? A Glimpse into the Language Policy Dilemma of one Bilingual African State.
- Using Language as a Transparent Resource in the Teaching and Learning of Mathematics in a Grade 11 Multilingual Classroom.
Mamokgethi Setati, Terence Molefe & Mampho Langa
- Introducing Discussion into Multilingual Mathematics Classrooms: An Issue of Code Switching?
Lyn Webb & Paul Webb
- Investigating a Scaffold to Code-switching as Strategy in Multilingual Classrooms.
- Relationships between Mathematics and Literacy: Exploring some underlying factors.
Carol Bohlmann & Elizabeth Pretorius
- Mother Tongue Policies and Mathematical Terminology in the Teaching of Mathematics.